As the COVID-19 landscape continues to change, we are adapting and adjusting here at Eats to best serve you in these uncertain times.
Changes in our Schedule—Effective Monday, June 1st:
- We are opening the doors once again every day of the week
- Monday through Saturday 9am – 6pm
- Sunday 12pm-6pm
- Curbside pick-up and delivery orders will continue to be filled for our “safer at home” customers
- Monday through Friday only (pick-up 9am-6pm; delivery 3pm-6pm)
- Cut-off time is 1pm for guaranteed same-day order
Keeping the Store Environment Safe for our Customers and our Staff:
- We ask everyone to comply with the governor’s mandate to wear a mask or face covering when shopping in the store
- We are providing hand sanitizer in several locations around the store in lieu of gloves (gloves are still available if you are more comfortable with also wearing gloves)
- Staff will continue to sanitize common surfaces several times per day
- Shopping carts and baskets will be sanitized after each use
- Staff will monitor the number of customers in the store, and the door will be locked as needed when capacity is reached
- Staff will continue to fill bulk food, spices, herbs, coffees and teas (if you need many bulk items, please consider putting an order in on-line the morning you intend to shop, and we can have them ready for you when you get here)
- While we welcome you bringing in your own bags for groceries, we will ask that you bag those yourself. In addition, we will still not be accepting any reusable containers, bags, egg cartons, etc.
Know that we will continually monitor COVID-19 updates locally as well as at the state and national levels and will adjust what we are doing as needed to best serve you. As we move forward with doors open more hours, we will also evaluate the sustainability of the free curbside pick-up and delivery services commensurate with our staffing. We will continue to update you with any changes in our offerings.
We are grateful for your continued patience and support!